Thursday, May 27, 2010

Welcome!

Hello, my name is Pruthul (pronounced Proo-thul) and I am one of the Student Orientation Coordinators. Congratulations on the admission of your student to Earl Warren College and UCSD (it is a feat in and of itself). Let me start off by telling you all a little about myself and what my role in orientation is. I am current a third year studying Molecular Biology. I have been heavily involved in student government as well as a few college and campus organizations. In my free time I enjoy watching TV and playing basketball.

As I said I am a Student Orientation Coordinator, or as we prefer to refer to ourselves, a SOC. As a SOC, I am one of the undergraduate students responsible for planning and executing Freshman, Transfer and Parent Orientations. We as a group create a plan for the knowledge base that our orientation leaders, the people who actually work with your students, will need to help them adequately transition into college life. I have worked with the orientation program for the past three years, first as a volunteer through the Warren College Ambassador Program and the past two years as a SOC. As SOCs we possess know a lot about the campus and if there are things that we do not know, we can probably find a resource that does. I encourage you to utilize any of us as resources should you have questions about the transition to college. You can contact me any time via e-mail at pbp001@ucsd.edu. I am fairly good about responding to e-mails withing a couple of hours (if not a couple of minutes).

I hope you are as excited to become a part of the Warren College community as we are and again congratulations on your student's high level of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular accomplishments. We hope to see some of you in the fall!

-Pruthul Patel, Student Orientation Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment