Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hello Parents!

Hello! :)

First, and foremost, I want to congratulate you on your son's, or daughter's, acceptance to the Warren College at UCSD. My name is Cami Tam and just like Pruthul, I am a Student Orientation Coordinator (SOC). I am currently a third year, majoring in Psychology with a minor in Education Studies. I hope to one day work with inner city youth to help them further their education. I have been very involved in a couple of student organizations on campus and have continued to stay involved with Warren College, being a part of the Orientation team for the past three years, as well as our Spirit Committee. In my spare time I do community service and love watching sports.

This is my first year as a SOC, but I was an Orientation Leader (OL) for the past two years. I decided to apply for the SOC position, instead of the OL position, because I wanted to help with the more "behind-the-scenes" aspect of Orientation, as well as be able to interact more with the parents. Another reason as to why I wanted to be a SOC is because I believe that Orientation is an essential part of a student's transition from high school to college and I wanted to help make this year's Orientation the most memorable experience it can be for the students.

I hope that you all are just as excited as we are about joining the Warren College Family. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask any of us. We know that this transition period is just as important to you as it is to your child, and we want to help make your experience a positive and memorable one as well.

Always,
Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment