Thursday, June 17, 2010

WELCOME!


Hello Parents!

My name is Alyssa Wing and am a fellow Student Orientation Coordinator (SOC) for the 2010-2011 year! I am now a third year Warren College student double majoring in Communication and Sociology with a passion for people, places, and things! My ultimate goal is to attend business graduate school and enter the field of marketing or advertising. In my time here at UCSD, I have had the most phenomenal opportunities to serve the UCSD community through Warren College Student Council, the Associated Students, Warren College Ambassador Program, Warren Orientation, and through Warren's news publication, the Warren Briefs. Through these opportunities for involvement, I have made lifelong friendships, unforgettable college memories, and the opportunity to further my love for Warren College!

What can I say about Warren College and UCSD? Well, I can start off by saying that it is a tremendous opportunity for involvement and growth - both academically and in extracurriculars. Your son or daughter is about to enter a new chapter in their lives and let me tell you - there is no better place to start that chapter than at UCSD! Here at UCSD, you'll find an eye-opening opportunity to meet and interact with a diverse range of people, the opportunity to pursue your passions, and the opportunity to make UCSD your "home away from home."

Once again, congratulations to you and your son or daughter on their acceptance to UCSD! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact myself or any of the other SOCs. Please do not hesitate as we all know that the transition to college may bring along many unanswered questions! I am more than happy to address your concerns and I can't wait to meet you all in the Fall!

Best wishes,
Alyssa Wing

Student Orientation Coordinator
UCSD, Class of 2012
awing@ucsd.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment