Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome to UCSD and Earl Warren College,

My name is Lauren Adams and I am a fellow Student Orientation Coordinator (SOC). I would like to take this time to introduce myself and assure you that your child's transition to UCSD will be exceptional.

I am an Orange County native, who has just completed my second year at UCSD. I am a Communications major and Education Studies minor (although constantly changing!). I am hoping to pursue a career in Broadcast Journalism, working with a major media organization. I will be studying abroad my senior year in London, to get more hands-on experience in this field. I have been a member of Warren College Student Council for the past two years and I actively involved in the youth department at Flood Church in San Diego. I love the campus community at UCSD and have nothing but positive things to say about my experience! I am overwhelmed by the incredible experiences that I have had these past two years. I know your son/daughter will find that UCSD and Warren College is "home away from home".

Like the fellow SOCs have mentioned, we are here to aid in your child's transition as a freshman or transfer to UCSD. We all have had different experiences and perspectives about life in La Jolla. Please feel free to ask us any questions regarding orientation programs, academic requirements, and general questions regarding the University. Of course, I would love to answer any questions regarding personal fears/concerns about UCSD. This is a large campus, and can sometimes be overwhelming! I have been able to navigate my way around the University and have been blessed to discover the many opportunities for campus involvement. Feel free to email me at : Lnadams@ucsd.edu.

I look forward to meeting your sons/daughters in the Fall, as well as some of you at Parent Orientation. Life at UCSD has far exceeded my expectations. Congratulations for your student being accepted to the University...new friends, experiences, and opportunities await!

Lauren Adams
Undergraduate, UCSD
Warren College Student Affairs
lnadams@ucsd.edu

1 comment:

  1. Great job at Orientation yesterday. I'm wondering if this blog is a place to call out for a volunteer who has experience organizing a letter writing campaign to help block budget cuts (I've never organized one).

    ReplyDelete