Friday, July 16, 2010

Alumni Association Send-Off Picnics

Hello Everyone,

I am writing this blog entry to inform parents about an amazing opportunity for your student to meet his fellow classmates and learn a little about UC San Diego. Every year the UCSD Alumni Association holds Send-Off picnics at different locations throughout the state of California. It is an opportunity for new students to ask questions of current students and Alumni about their experience at UCSD and to learn a bit more about the campus.

Prior to my first year at UC San Diego, my mother forced me to go to a send off picnic and I was none too please. However, when I got there, I was able to meet an amazing individual who I was able to build a relationship with when I came to the campus. I was also put at ease by him and I learned a lot. Since then, I have had the pleasure of volunteering at the Orange County Send-off Picnic the last two years. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the one scheduled for this this year because of a prior commitment, but there will be other students like myself there to help transition your student into orientation and Earl Warren College.

For more information please visit the Alumni Association website and click on the Events Tab to find the picnic in your area.

Pruthul Patel
Student Orientation Coordinator 2010
Undergraduate, UCSD

No comments:

Post a Comment